1. What is a Medicare Advantage Plan?
A Medicare Advantage Plan is a type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company that contracts with Medicare to provide you with all your Part A and Part B benefits. Medicare Advantage Plans include Health Maintenance Organizations, Preferred Provider Organizations, Private Fee-for-Service Plans, Special Needs Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans. If you're enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare services are covered through the plan and aren't paid for under Original Medicare. Most Medicare Advantage Plans offer prescription drug coverage.
2. What portion of my diabetic supplies does Medicare Advantage Plans cover?
Medicare Advantage Plans typically covers 80% to 100% of the cost of your diabetes testing supplies every 90-days with DiabeticSupplies.com's Free Home Delivery Program. And rest assured, Medicare Advantage Plans must follow Medicare's rules and and cover all Medicare services.
Medicare Supplement Insurance (often referred to as "Medigap") do not work with Medicare Advantge Plans.
3. What diabetic supplies do Medicare Advantage Plans cover?
Since Medicare Advantage Plans must follow Medicare rules, participating Medicare Advantage Plans allow DiabeticSupplies.com to send you a 90-day supply of any of the following diabetic supplies, as prescribed by your doctor. We will obtain a Doctor's Order on your behalf as a courtesy and part of our Free Home Delivery Program.
• Blood glucose test strips
• Blood glucose monitor
• Lancet device
• Control solutions for checking the accuracy of your monitor/strips
• Insulin pump supplies (Call for more information. Certain conditions apply.)
4. Do I pay any out-of-pocket expense?
No. There is no out-of-pocket expense other than your co-payment and deductible, if any.
5. How long does it take to receive my diabetes testing supplies if I fill out the necessary paperwork today?
It takes approximately 3-4 business days to receive your first order once we have received all the proper documentation. DiabeticSupplies.com will obtain the Doctor’s Order from your doctor on your behalf. You must return the Authorization of Billing Form only once with your first order. Reorders are received in approximately 3-4 business days.
6. Who can I contact for questions about DiabeticSupplies.com's services?
Call us toll free, 1-877-SUPPLIES (1-877-787-7543), Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Or send us an email.
7. Where is DiabeticSupplies.com located?
We are located in Battle Ground, Washington - a few miles east of Vancouver, Washington and across the river from Portland, Oregon. We deliver diabetes testing supplies to most areas in all 50 states in the U.S.A.
8. Who completes my claim forms?
DiabeticSupplies.com fills out the claim forms. We bill most Medicare Advantage Plans.
9. Do I pay for delivery?
No. There is no charge for shipping when you order a 90-day supply of diabetic supplies from DiabeticSupplies.com that are billed to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
10. What are the benefits of using DiabeticSupplies.com?
- You pay no money up-front other than any deductible or co-payment required by a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- We are a participating provider with most Medicare Advantage Plans in all 50 States, which means you will get your best benefits.
- We send a 90-day supply of diabetes testing supplies. FREE SHIPPING is included.
- We complete all Medicare Advante Plan claim forms for you.
- We have a reminder service to ensure you do not run out of supplies. We will contact you every 90 days to place your next reorder.
- Your order, containing everything you need, arrives on time and on a regular schedule.
- We stand behind every product we sell and guarantee your satisfaction 100%.
11. Who can receive diabetic supplies?
If you have diabetes and have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you are likely eligible for our Free Home Delivery Program. Call 1-877-SUPPLIES (1-877-787-7543) or enroll online to find out if you qualify. No obligation. We always review our service with you prior to your order being shipped and we will never ship anything without your prior authorization.
12. Are there limits of the number of diabetic supplies that will be reimbursed?
If we bill a Medicare Advatnage Plan on your behalf, and since all Medicare Advantage Plans must follow Medicare rules, Medicare has established limits on the number of times you can test your blood sugar. The frequency you can test is based on whether you are treated with insulin or not. Your physician will provide DiabeticSupplies.com with a Doctor's Order that will indicate how often you should test.
Medicare Advantage Plans may approve additional testing supplies if your physician determines it is medically necessary to control diabetes. In addition, Medicare Advantage Plans require we have on file chart notes from your doctor (e.g. a specific narrative statement that adequately documents the frequency at which the patient is actually testing) and proof of the times you are testing per day every 6 months. We will have you complete the Glucose Testing Log, per Medicare guidelines, if you test more than 3 times per day and take insulin OR test more than once per day and do not take insulin.
13. What is a Doctor's Order?
A Doctor's Order is similar to a prescription. It is a special form that your doctor must complete, sign, date, and return to us. The Doctor's Order lists the diabetes supplies that your doctor says you need. It also contains some basic medical information, such as the number of times your doctor prescribes you test your blood glucose level each day.
We will contact your doctor to obtain a valid Doctor's Order on your behalf.
14. Is online shipment tracking available for my orders covered by Medicare?
Online shipment tracking is NOT available for Medicare Advantege Plan orders. Call toll free, 1-877-SUPPLIES (1-877-787-7543), 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, Pacific Standard Time for more information.
16. Can I receive supplies if I am on Medicaid?
Find out if your diabetes testing supplies are covered by your state's Medicaid Program by calling toll free, 1-877-SUPPLIES (1-877-787-7543), 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, Pacific Standard Time, or register online. We are a participating provider with most state Medicaid programs.